This recipe is a delicious hybrid of well-known hummus and guacamole that can be served many ways and lasts refrigerated for 3 days. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
50 g baby spinach leaves
1 ripe Genuinely Southern Forests avocado
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp tahini
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp ground cumin
Snowpea sprout tops
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Halve, peel and de-seed the avocado. Reserve a few chickpeas and a little avocado for garnish and then place remaining chickpeas and avocado in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Adjust with a little extra water if needed for a creamy texture. Serve garnished with the remaining chickpeas, avocado, toasted sesame seeds, snow pea sprout tops and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Halved cherry tomatoes, basil and pine nuts.
- Grilled corn kernels, fresh coriander and chilli flakes.
- Crumbled feta, mint and diced cucumber.
- Capers, fresh dill and finely chopped red onion.
- Use slices of Genuinely Southern Forests apple to dip.
- Top a halved boiled egg and lightly dust with smoked paprika.
- Top a grilled field mushroom and garnish with fried breadcrumbs.
- Serve to accompany grilled chicken or fish.
Recipe by Sophie Zalokar @sophiezalokar and photography by Craig Kinder Food Photography @craigkinderfoods for Genuinely Southern Forests.